gpsd-users

Whats the purpose of having sizeof_time_t in the SConstruct?

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Whats the purpose of having sizeof_time_t in the SConstruct?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 13:12:48 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to cross-compile my gpsd-3.20 for my ARM-based device. When I try to compile for ARM, it shows an error when it tries to check sizeof_time_t. However, if I didn't cross-compile then it doesn't show me the errorĀ message.

I tried the same with the gpsd-3.19, and I was able to compile normally and cross-compile. When I compared the SConstruct file I found out that in gpsd-3.19 there isn't the checking for the sizeof_time_t.

Is it ok if I removed this code in the latest gpsd code? Some people say that if I remove this code it will crash my gpsd when it tries to get the time? How can I solve this error?

--
Thanks and regards,

Raaj Lokanathan