gpsd-users

Re: "scons check" of 3.20 fails

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: "scons check" of 3.20 fails
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 17:39:11 -0600

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:10:58 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

> Yo Charles!
>
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:33:31 -0600
> Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
>
> > I just pulled in the latest, checked out version 3.20, compiled and
> > tried to check.
>
> 3.20 was tagged and tarred up in 2019.  Nothng can be done to history.

This is new. I was able to compile and run it a week ago. As far as I
can tell, I've made no changes to that computer (other than package
updates) since.

> > This is on Debian 10, buster, as updated, on a 64 bit machine.
>
> If buster, released after 3.20, broke something in 3.20.  I can't fix
> buster either.  Was it repeatable?  Did you play with WRITE_PAD?

Yes, it is repeatable.

I have no idea what WRITE_PAD is, so probably not.

> Does git head build?  Getting to be about time for a new release.
> People need to start testing what we can fix before it too is frozen.

Most of it builds. All the tests run.

-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/include monitor_ubx.c
gcc -o gpsmon -pthread gpsmon.o monitor_garmin.o monitor_italk.o
monitor_nmea0183.o monitor_oncore.o monitor_sirf.o monitor_superstar2.o
monitor_tnt.o monitor_ubx.o -L. -lgpsd -lgps_static -lm -lrt -lnsl -ldbus-1
-lncurses -ltinfo
Creating 'gps-3.20.1~dev.egg-info'
scons: done building targets.
WARNING: asciidoctor not found.
WARNING: Some documentation and html will not be built.
WARNING: Python2.7 too old (need 3.6): gps/aiogps.py will not be installed
charles@iorich:~/versioned/gpsd$

asciidoctor failed because I don't have it installed.

I do have python 3 (3.7.3) installed. I will leave that issue to others.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/