gpsd-users

Re: Cross compile gpsd-3.20.1~dev for arm with buildroot

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Cross compile gpsd-3.20.1~dev for arm with buildroot
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 06:57:39 -0400

I see; sorry for the incorrect accusation.

two thoughts:

  python is well known for not cross compiling well.  You may be in new
  territory

  I am not quite following, but it may be that build code setting
  HOST_DIR does not grasp the concept that if it is under DESTDIR, then
  that part should be removed to get a DESTDIR relative path.  I think
  there may be trouble from mixing DESTDIR-aware build code from code
  that is not really aware but is using a path that has DESTDIR in it.