gpsd-users

Running gpsd outside systemd (was: Re: RINEX file unable to be processed

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Running gpsd outside systemd (was: Re: RINEX file unable to be processed)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 09:34:03 +0100

Yo David!

No need to run gpsd on pre-systemd(rizzle)~ RasPi, just don't run gpsd under systemd(ubious).
[]
RGDS
GARY

Gary,

Using the Raspberry PI OS systemd is the standard, so it will be installed. When you say: "don't run gpsd under systemd", is it explained somewhere exactly how to do this? How would gpsd get to be run as a service which starts when the RPi is booted, and which can be stopped and restarted, for example. What configuration files would be needed and where would they be placed.

I'm quite happy to run gpsd outside systemd, I just don't know how to do this!

Thanks,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk