gpsd-users

Re: tcp device open error

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: tcp device open error
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 10:01:29 -0700

Yo Василий!

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 09:41:33 +0300
Василий Пономаренко <basvas@mail.ru> wrote:

> >What version gpsd? From source of a package?
> version gpsd is 3.16-4+b1 from repo package
> Linux 4.15.3-1-generic x86_64

Those are both really, really, old.  gpsd is currently at 3.21.

Plus, that package is not from us.

> >That file is not part of gpsd. I can't comment on it. You need to ask
> >your distro what that is about.
> then this is the configuration file of the distribution itself

Yup.  Can't help you much with whateer your distro did.

> >> * Is there a way to make a forced reconnection to the tcp source
> >> (it is unstable and the network is half-dead)?
> >
> >No.
> Do you plan to implement a forced TCP URI connection via
> timeout-config ?

No, but patches welcome.

> >Lost me. What is "gpkg"?
> gpkg — package manager for debian. I thought it was needed to
> configure gpsd. Apparently not needed

gpsd is source based and does not use any package manager.  There are
too many of them and they change daily.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588