gpsd-users

Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:10:27 -0800

Yo David!

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:43:36 +0000
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm happy with your document - but it must have taken me some time to
> find it!

Not made easier by all the copputed copies on the internet.

> Implicit/explicit.  There are a couple of examples where there are
> two ways of doing things:
>
>    sudo nano /etc/ntp.conf

You know my opinion on sudo.  Sudon't!

>    using the systemd supplied with the OS
> or:
>    starting gpsd another way.

Ditto systemd.

> It's not always obvious why, though.  Either works.

For various definitions of "works".

> My lack of deep
> Linux understanding likely doesn't help.

UNIX is about choice.  Some choices are just systemd(umb).

Paradoxically, the bad choices are the ones most documented on the
inner tubes because so many have trouble with them.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588