gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Aranza Shaccid Leon
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:04:05 -0700

Hello and good afternoon!

Okay thank you so much for the example! Can gpscsv also gather data on SNR? Or is there a specific command I can use for that such as print (gpsd (SNR))?

Sincerely,
Leon

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 12:44 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Aranza!

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 14:02:26 -0500
Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu> wrote:

> It states package ‘gpsd’ is not installed, so not removed when I
> attempt the command sudo apt purge gpsd.

So why do you not believe what it says?

> I’m not sure how to remove it in this case then.

Why are you sure there is anything to remove?

> It’s also states:
>
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> required: libbluetooth3 libgail-common libgail8 libgps23 ....
>
> Use ‘sudo apt autoremove’ to remove them

I don't use Raspbian, but sounds resonable.

> Would that command remove the gpsd program?

I really expect it to just do what it says it will do.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the PNW environment. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.