gpsd-users

Re: gpsd losing connection to ublox

From: Niall Parker
Subject: Re: gpsd losing connection to ublox
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 20:24:39 -0800

On 2021-11-17 7:21 p.m., Gary E. Miller wrote:
[..]
I do see this in the tmp3.log:

gpsd:PROG: gpsd_multipoll(5) DEVICE_UNCHANGED for 11

That is talking about fd=5, which is your tty.  That is not right, so
I'll dig at that.

So DEVICE_UNCHANGED is indication the tty stopped for at least 5 seconds ? Looks like it keeps incrementing from there despite some changes, ie a data hiccup is persistent ?

While the error seems to still happen when speed is fixed the consequences aren't so bad when gpsd doesn't start autobauding.

Feels like the best test to see whether a GPS hw problem or serial driver problem would be to tee the serial TX off to another port and watch ... unfortunately the system is remote, will have to see what I can arrange. Open to any other ideas ...

In the meantime I need to figure out why the client nodes won't synch to the timeserver node (despite open firewalls and all restrictions removed in ntp.conf). Unfortunately the ntpsec listserver isn't as responsive as the gpsd one, still waiting on subscription request ... :-/

            ... Niall