gpsd-users

Re: NTP via tcp NMEA feed

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: NTP via tcp NMEA feed
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 12:59:23 -0700

Yo Nick!

On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 12:42:03 +0100
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

> > I'll need to think  about it, but I think if I remove the
> > SOURCE_GPSD line, that may do the trick.  Any gpsd feed should be
> > sorta real-time, and if the NTP is setup correctly, bad time should
> > be ignored.
> >
> > You can try removing that line to see if it works for you.
> >
> Sorry to spam this channel

Thii is what this list is for.

> - we managed to get NTP feed from gpsd
> when using tcp feed as per my previous emails, however on customer
> site still not working, ntp feed not there.

You have given me no details, logs or raw NMEA from that setup, so I
have no ideas.

> Could their NMEA feed be missing something?

Of course, the logs will tell.  The -D4 debug logs.

> The output from gpsd looks like this:

From which gpsd?  With what patches?

Best to include NMEA as attachments, so email does not cottupr the data.

> $GPRMC,113256,A,3238.9153,N,10822.4429,W,005.2,248.3,181022,009.3,E*68

That is  GPRMC is all gpsd needs to know the time.

> $PGRMT,GPS 15x-W software ver. 4.20,,,,,,,,*6A

A Garmin 15x-W?  That thing belongs in the town dump.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588