gpsd-users

Re: How to use GPSD to perform read and write operations simultaneously

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: How to use GPSD to perform read and write operations simultaneously on one serial port
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:43:19 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 15:30:01 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> "Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:
>
> > Yo zhao.ming9@zte.com.cn!
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 16:30:34 +0800 (CST)
> > <zhao.ming9@zte.com.cn> wrote:
> >
> >> 1 Requirement
> >> Our program needs to obtain NMEA data through gpsd, and also needs
> >> to periodically inject data (ssr data) into the GNSS chip.
> >
> > What is ssr data?  Is that like RTCM?
>
> State Space Representation
> https://files.igs.org/pub/data/format/igs_ssr_v1.pdf

THanks!  So RTCM3, plus one proprietary RTCM3 message:

    An IGS SSR data stream consists of different message types:

    • IGS RTCM Proprietary SSR messages

    • Standardized RTCM 10403.3 messages (non SSR)

Hardly needs a new name just for that, it is RTCM3.

The new message is type 4076.  gpsd should pass it on like any other
RTCM message.

What receiver takes them?  Where would they come from, if
not NTRIP?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588