gpsd-users

Re: No sentence logs

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: No sentence logs
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 11:43:21 -0700

Yo tangoing.mill745@aceecat.org!

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:50:10 -0700
tangoing.mill745@aceecat.org wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 10:53:22PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>
> > Can you tell us more about the library that reads the i2c and sends
> > the data to udp?
>
> The library is adafruit-circuitpython-gps. I know *that* part works
> because I have a test script that just dumps the data to stdout, and
> I get what I expect.

And, once again, what did you get?  My mind reading is not working lately.
Please send a raw capture.

> I do the udp part myself in another python script that is completely
> analogous.

Care to share that here?  Someone else may also want to use it.

Can it you also send to the receiver to configure it?

> > Can you connect to the port, say with netcat, and see data?  If so,
> > grab a 30 second sample and send it here.
>
> Yes, a good plan. I'll do that and write back.

I look forward to that.

> > Much better to send us the log so ww can see ourselve.s It sounds
> > like you are getting some NMEA, but no ZDA.  gpsd, and any other
> > decoder, needs ZDA.
>
> No, I adjusted the script to initialize the device to include ZDA,
> then the ZDA message from gpsd vanishes, but still no other output.

Once again, the -D2 logs would be illuminating to us.

Care to share what you configured your receiver to send?  gpsd tries to
work with whatever it can get, but many ways tobe suboptimal.

Is this a u-blox?  If so, why send NMEA insteaad of ubx?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588