gpsd-users

Re: How do you access UBX MON-HW messages in a gpsd client

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: How do you access UBX MON-HW messages in a gpsd client
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:27:18 -0700

Yo Thomas!

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:58:02 +0000
Thomas Giglia <tgiglia@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are after the jamming signal field in MON-HW.

I have been looking at pulling out the antenna status, I could add that
part as well.  Can you use the git master for gpsd?

Jamming seems to be the topic of the year.

> "What do you mean by "access".  You can see UBX-MON-HW with ubxtool,
> But gpsd does not decode UBX-MON-HW."
> I need to be able to capture  the data in MON-HW - it can be a raw
> pass though if necessary.

You can get that from raw now.  But it will be a lot easier to get
from the JSON.  The problem is that u-blox binary keeps mutating.
UBX-MON-HW, UBX-MON-HW2, UBX-MON-HW3, etc.  A moving target.

> I will run gpsdebuginfo as root and post the out put.

Thanks.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588