gpsd-users

Re: How do you access UBX MON-HW messages in a gpsd client

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: How do you access UBX MON-HW messages in a gpsd client
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 20:55:33 -0700

Yo Patrick!

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:01:09 -0600
Patrick Conroy <pconroy328@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gary - just for curiosity, is the jamming field normalized across
> devices?

Oh, that's a funny one.  Not April Fools day yet.

Unless you were serious, then, no, nothing standardized, normalized,
or even documented about what GNSS receivers report about jamming.

> Or will the value (the interpretation of the value) end up
> being device specific?
> Is 74 good or bad? :)

Read the u-blox doc, and you tell me.  Nominally it is a number from 0 to
255 on the u-blox 7.  Soe my WAG is that 74 is "normal".

Or try to get an answer from u-blox.  If you can find a human there.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588