grep-devel

manpage: Potentially missing right curly brace

From: Marek Suppa
Subject: manpage: Potentially missing right curly brace
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 09:38:03 +0100

Hello everyone,

First of all, I apologize if this is not the appropriate mailing list
for a discussion of this kind. If not, please let me know -- I would be
happy to move it anywhere you tell me to.

While reviewing the way basic regular expressions are implemented in
grep, I noticed that the section where they are described in the man
page is missing the right curly brace. Unless I missed anything, this is
probably unintended, as the right curly brace is already mentioned
multiple time in the manpage as well.

I took the liberty of creating a patch that ought to fix the issue. It
is attached to this email, as I was not sure what would be an
appropriate venue for submitting it. Please do let me know if there is
some other process I should follow in order to get the patch applied
(provided it makes sense).

Thanks!

-- Marek Suppa
https://mareksuppa.com