[Groff] Re: Bugs in groff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: Bugs in groff
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:55:49 GMT

   >   The man source that I just downloaded (tar says version 1.5g though
   >   source code says 1.5f ??) includes something called man2html.
   >
   > Do you use this?

   I've not heard of it or seen it.  (man source?  What's that?)

The package is called man-1.5g.tar.gz, to be found on sunsite mirrors
in apps/doctools/man -- I haven't it used by myself.

   Actually, though, I think that the unroff program does a very good
   job of doing what I'm after.  The only problem with it was
   installing Scheme, what a bitch.

:-)  You should forward this mail to the maintainers of the affected
packages instead to me.  BTW, my compilation run was quite painless
(I'm using a Linux box).

   Scheme is an interesting idea, though.

Yes, but grohtml is the better way IMHO.