Re: [Groff] Re: Little problem yet.

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Little problem yet.
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 06:50:31 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, Gaius Mulley wrote:

> Remember that tmac.arkup is a macro set and thus should
> generate nothing or very little when supplied as the only input file

I get it now. tmac.* files are source code as *.cc files are.
Therefor they are meant to be "read" ** as is **. Which, for an ignorant
human, means they are ** suppose ** to not make much sense. They are not
docs. And now that you have created doc/html.ms I don't have to try
deciphering tmac.* files anymore to figure things out. Great!

I will install your updated tmac.arkup file and try the commands you
suggested.

I do simple bash shell script files on occasion. I do not do makefiles yet
but expect to learn them in the near future. I do understand what make
does, though, and will have uses for it and cvs as I use Groff HTML for
more ambitious Web site work.

In fact, I will have to learn cvs, too, and check out the Groff cvs site.
Perhaps I can piggyback on it to develop and maintain the Groff Web site.

I am anxious to see what you did with homepage.html and play with that.
Thanks for doing it.

But soon now, I am going to take a nap. Been watching too many fireworks
reruns, and now Daffy Duck is on. Gotta watch. Gotta go!

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden