Re: [Groff] Re: ms docs?

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: ms docs?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 15:45:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, T. Kurt Bond wrote:

> The paper "Typing Documents on the UNIX System: Using the -ms Macros
> with Troff and Nroff", by M. E. Lesk, November 13, 1978, is available
> from R. Stevens' page:
>
>     http://www.kohala.com/start/troff/troff.html
>
> The direct URL is
>
>     http://www.kohala.com/start/troff/v7man/msmacros/msmacros.ps

My failing for not checking this site.

Anyway: there are three other files in that v7man/msmacros directory.
WWW links to them are missing.

Use this URL (which I, myself, had discovered, bookmarked, and posted to
this list, and then didn't bother to use):

http://www.kohala.com/start/troff

This drops you into an ftp like directory listing.
Follow the directory entries: v7man, msmacros.
You will now see files: ms, msmacros.bun, msmacros.ps, refcard.
I downloaded them all. (19 KB - 57 KB each)

.ps: I haven't viewed yet.
.bun: I haven't a clue what that is. Anybody?

ms & refcard: I ran them through Groff 1.15 with -Thtml. Not perfect.
Running them with -Tascii is worse. Both Types give errors on both files.

If someone can figure out the correct groff 1.15 command line for either
or both Types, I would sure appreciate it.

And thanks, Kurt, for the tip. We should mirror all that stuff.
webget, that's what we need to use.

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden