[Groff] Re: User-defined characters in CJK LaTeX

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: User-defined characters in CJK LaTeX
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 09:05:22 +0000 (GMT)

> >   \makeatletter
> >   address@hidden@char{ext}{-"060}{##1}}}
> >   \makeatother
>
> [...]
>
> I have created the user-defined characters as normal and bold
> Postscript font.  So I'm wondering how I can get the macro to know
> how to switch between the regular and bold font.

If you use VTeX's (resp. Acroread's) stsong font, it should be no
problem!  The normal shape is named `stsoXX', and the bold shape
`stsobXX'.  So the above hook automatically accesses `stsoext' for
normal shape and `stsobext' for bold shape.  You don't have to add
anything else.

It is definitely more tricky to get the same result if the base font
uses poor man's bold emulation (via the \CJKbold command in the FD
files)...