Re: [Groff] groff v1.16.1

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff v1.16.1
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:11:28 +0000

Hi,

> my main interest, though, in v1.16 is the html output capability. i
> compiled the pic documentation into html. the text part is fine but the
> pictures seem to be having a problem. every picture is displaced upward
> relative to its png window. as a result some of the pictures are not
> visible at all (the png window is completely blank) and others only
> partly (the lower part of the png window is blank). the same is true of
> equations, which i tried from another document.

I've just tried the ESR's pic.ms document using groff -p -e -t -ms pic.ms >
pic.html
on the latest cvs source and true enough the following pictures are
incorrectly generated:

     Figure 53, Figure 54 and Figure 102

Interestingly all diagrams contain splines.. I'll check the spline limit
code.

In general pic macros, eqn macros are likely to break -Thtml.

In part these issues (and the need for a cleaner separation between
images and html text) caused a redesign/re-implementation of
the html device driver, now underway, but still some way off.

Thanks for the feedback,

Gaius