Re: [Groff] Printing from groff in cygwin

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Printing from groff in cygwin
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:23:38 +0100 (BST)

On 29-Jul-01 Clarke Echols wrote:

> So what we really need is a means to convert the groff post-processed
> output to PDF format.  Any way to do that?

If you have ghostscript installed, then a simple way is to do

  ps2pdf filename.ps

and you will end up with filename.pdf as well. Recent versions
of ghostscript seem to do a very good job of the conversion.

Another interesting conversion program is pstill -- see

  http://www.this.net/~frank/pstill.html

though getting its installation correct is a bit of a task.
However, I have also had extremely good results with pstill.

And of course there is always Adobe's very own Acrobat Distiller ...

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972