Re: [Groff] Epson DMP Back-End

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Epson DMP Back-End
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:00:39 +0200 (CEST)

> So, I'm looking at developing a back-end for Epson-compatible dot matrix
> printers, which seems to include about 3/4 of the dot-matrixes out
> there.  Before I begin, however:
>
> 1)  How widespread are these dinosaurs?  I know I have several, but
> that's mostly because I cannot afford a laser printer.
>
> 2)  If I write it, will it wind up in the next distribution?
>
> 3)  What pitfalls should I be aware of when writing it?

Abramo Bagnara has already written such a driver (for groff 1.11), but
unfortunately I couldn't reach him again -- Abramo, if you are
listening, I need either a copyright disclaimer or assignment to
incorporate your changes into groff.

It shouldn't be too difficult then to update it to the recent groff
version.