[Groff] scaling in pic

From: pgerbrandt
Subject: [Groff] scaling in pic
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:02:09 +0100

I still have my problems with scaling in pic.
I made some examples to show the problem. The page is as big as DIN A4 paper.
Both examples show five linked boxes, the second one has almost the half of the
width, but the only effect is, that the heigth grows.

.PS 10 8.26
box ht 7 wid 60
box ht 0.5 wid 3 with .nw at last box.se
box ht 7 wid 60 with .sw at last box.ne
box ht 25 wid 60 with .ne at 2nd box.sw
box ht 20 wid 60 with .nw at 2nd box.se
.PE

.PS 10 8.26
box ht 7 wid 30
box ht 0.5 wid 3 with .nw at last box.se
box ht 7 wid 30 with .sw at last box.ne
box ht 25 wid 30 with .ne at 2nd box.sw
box ht 20 wid 30 with .nw at 2nd box.se
.PE

Im formatting the pages with the following command:
groff -P-l -p test.groff > table.ps

Im displaying it with:
ghostview -landscape -a4 table.ps

Thanks,