RE: [Groff] scaling in pic

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: RE: [Groff] scaling in pic
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

>1. Unless the table is an unusual one, or you want to produce
>   special effects, I would not use 'pic' for this, but 'tbl'
>   instead. You can export the table from Excel in, say, CSV
... snip

Yes, you can do a lot of fancy things with tbl in combination with
the text block feature of tbl (T{ - T}), such as the inclusion of
gremlin and postscript files in each table entry. I just bought a
box of Avery business cards that goes in the ink jet printer and
printed a bunch of nice, colored cards. However, if you would like
to see on the screen what you're doing with the tables, I would
use gremlin combined with in-line equations.

Dan