Re: [Groff] Bug in eqn?

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bug in eqn?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:16:32 -0400 (EDT)

OK, the problem with the slanted Greek (in another post of mine...) and
the displaced fraction bars is solved.  I have some extra fonts installed
in /usr/local/share/groff/site-font/devps, and in my .bash_profile the
line:

export
GROFF_FONT_PATH=/usr/local/share/groff/site-font:/usr/local/share/groff/$GROFF_VERSION/font

In the site-font directory I have a `download' file mapping the fonts I
have installed locally; and clearly groff was stopping the moment it found
that.  (I had assumed that it would look for *all* download files and
merge them - would this be a desirable feature?)  So, it wasn't
downloading the header which transforms symbol to  slanted symbol, and, I
guess, the fraction bars were misplaced somehow because it *was* using the
metric files for SS.  The problem was solved by cat (system download file)
>> (local download file).

Perhaps this behaviour could be made a bit more explicit in man grops
(where it is, I admit, implied, but only if you think very hard about it
:-)

Robert.

 --
Robert Goulding