Re: [Groff] strings with arguments

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] strings with arguments
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:26:00 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 07:48:46PM +0200, Bernd Warken wrote:

> Is it possible to make the leading and trailing spacing around a macro
> call being avoided?  Once the places where these spacings are applied
> are identified in the code, we can discuss methods to suppress the
> spacings.

When a .box is called like a string with \*[], the leading spacing is
omitted.  So this should be possible for macros as well, even when
combined with the new string with arguments feature.  Some internal
chopping should be able to remove the trailing spacing (the .chop
infrastructure is already there).

Example:

.box x
o spacin