[Groff] UTP Chapters and problems with macros.

From: Michael Hobgood
Subject: [Groff] UTP Chapters and problems with macros.
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:55:57 -0500

Hi all,
        I just emailed Larry new Chapters 8, 9, 10,
15,17,18.  The macro problems were cured by explicitly
resetting font changes I'd made inside .Ps/.Pe pairs.
Jon is perplexed about why older macros worked and the
new ones did not.  I've no clue, but no the issue is
moot. Hopefully Larry will get the chapters up before
he goes on vacation. If not, well, we will have to
wait.
        I did find one difference between groff-1.17.2
and groff-1.18.  In one chapter I had used unpaddable
spaces within a line that was part of a table.  1.17.2
liked it and performed the line adjusting accordingly.
1.18 did not like it, and ignored the unpaddable spaces.
Does this warrant bug status, or it is just best to
blow it off.
        Any who would like to review the chapters I've
worked on and let me know of any remaining bugs you
find (I'm not Knuth but they should be clean), I'll
appreciate your effort.
        This has been real, and it has been fun.
Yes, it has even been real fun.  Now, who is going to
write all the updated chapters for the second edition?

Michael Hobgood