Re: [Groff] nesting tbl?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] nesting tbl?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:44:32 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for the late reply.

> I was wondering if it is possible to nest {.TS - .TE} calls
> (tbl).

No.  AFAIK, you can't do that in LaTeX either.

> I could have used two-columned output, but the idea would be to have
> perhaps more than 2 tables side by side.  The other option is to
> make a far more complex single table with the looks of two or more
> tables, but that becomes too complex for my neuron depleted brain.

Here has TeX some advantages from the logical point of view due to its
box model: Simply put two boxes each filled with a table side by side.
Nevertheless, it is very simple to imitate two-column output in groff
by moving the current location up and right to the middle of the page.