[Groff] [groff/patch] transparent gzip

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] [groff/patch] transparent gzip
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:28:42 +0200 (CEST)

Dear groffers,

I received the following from Emmanuel:

> You will find enclosed a patch to groff-1.18 providing support for
> transparent sourcing of gzipped files -- This comes in handy on RH
> linux where all manpages are gzipped by default, and sometimes
> source eachother. Patch is 340 lines, and requires zlib
> (configure.ac untouched though)

The patch looks fine, thanks, and I think it would be a very valuable
addition -- Emmanuel, have you already signed a copyright assignment
to the FSF which could be extended to cover this patch?  I need this
so that I can use your code.

Since I have *no* experience with zlib, can people please comment on
security aspects?