Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX__Wrapping up

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX__Wrapping up
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:44:35 -0500

Alejandro López-Valencia wrote:

> Let's hope that making a fool of myself has some didactic purpose on
> others, it certainly has on yours truly... :)

I am certainly a fool. After all this squirmishing splurge, I really
should write up a little guide to installing fonts in groff.

There is one thing I don't have clear just yet. Shouldn't \N'xxx' accept
octal and hex numbers too? My reasoning goes like this, if you have a
font encoding, you can find the decimal code for a font, but if you
don't (used an empty encoding file for metrics generation), the only
guide you have in the metrics file is the code column and those
numbers are octal, not decimal. There should be a better way, if you
have never seen a printout of the font glyphs related to the actual
decimal codepoints you are left in a catch-22 unless you are an ace
doing
mental numerical base conversions (I am not).