Re: [Groff] several newbie questions

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] several newbie questions
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:10:44 +0200

> 1. how can i avoid space char's between to lines of input
>
> i.e.
>
>    foo
>    bar
>
> should become
>
>    foobar

Append \c ("continue" or "connect") to the end of the line:

  foo\c
  bar

> background:
> i'd like to write a citation environment which
> encloses the citation in guillemets, \(Fo and \(Fc,
> and put everything in italics.

Hmmm, that's tricky.  The following seems to work:

  .de QX
  .de QQ QY \" start saving stuff in QQ until .QY appears in input
  .I
  \(Fo\c
  ..
  .de QY
  .chop QQ  \" remove last newline from saved stuff
  .QQ       \" replay saved stuff (without newline)
  \(Fc
  .R
  ..

The other questions I'm not qualified to answer, since
I neither use groff's html output, nor ms nor mm :-)