Re: [Groff] Problem process UTP source

From: Zoong PHAM
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problem process UTP source
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:55:52 +1000

Hi Werner,

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 05:14:23PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> The same cause -- groff uses the man package from Solaris which won't
> work; groff's man macros are called with -mgan, I believe.
>
>   Yes.  Configure and compile groff as usual, but install it with
>
>     make install tmac_wrap=""

I tried: make uninstall; make install tmac_wrap="".
Now I can process the UTP source with this command:
groff -pt -ms utp.t ch04.t > test.ps

Thank you very much.

However, I still can't "man groff".
The output still is: "Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done"

I can't even "nroff -man /usr/local/man/man1/groff.1 | less".
There is no output at all.

But I can "man gtroff".

/usr/local/man/man1/groff.1 and /usr/local/man/man1/gtroff.1 both have
the same time stamp when I ran make install tmac_wrap=""
so I beleive they are both from version 1.18.1

I can "man groff" on the other Solaris 8 box that has groff 1.17
installed with the same compiled configuration.

Do you know what's wrong here?

Thanks again.

Regards,
--
Zoong PHAM                 UNIX Systems Administrator
Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc. Melbourne - Australia