Re: [Groff] Using C with glib instead of C++ for groff

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using C with glib instead of C++ for groff
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:00:58 +0000

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 01:28:02AM +0100, Bernd Warken wrote:
> Are there any troubles to request the availabilty of `glib' for
> a proper compilation of the `groff' package (so far just for groffer)?

Ugh, this would be pretty messy for distributions, as we'd have to move
glib into the base installation (at least I believe that most
distributions have groff in base but glib outside base).

I guess that is not your immediate concern, but it seemed worth bringing
up, as groff is an important part of a free Unix system.

For Debian requiring glib for groffer in particular would not be a
problem, as groffer isn't currently in the part of groff we put in the
base system, but other distributions may differ here.

--
Colin Watson                                  address@hidden