Re: [Groff] groff documentation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff documentation
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:48:48 +0100 (CET)

> I have the BSD based source to all the troff stuff:

Excellent!

> I'm wondering if we could get a project going to transfer the groff
> extensions to this baseline so we could have an up to date version
> of the docs written in *roff.

Providing an archive with the original files would be a first
starting point.

Note that some volunteers coordinated by Larry Kollar have typed in
the whole `Unix Text Processing' book (since the original source files
are lost according to the authors); it is planned to extend it,
covering recent groff versions.

> I've always found it weird that groff docs aren't in roff, seems a
> bit lame.

Basically I agree, but texinfo has some useful capabilities not
available with groff.