Re: [Groff] Larry Kollar's TOC usuability?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Larry Kollar's TOC usuability?
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:32:30 -0500

is UTPTOC.tmac usuable by us mere mortals? I currently use a mechanism where I output page numbers on standard error and then do some AWK magic on my groff files? Ugly! Is UTPTOC any better?

The TOC in UTP is set much as you describe.  The .chapter and .Ah
macros use .tm to output the appropriate info to stderr.  This
information is collected by an awk script which outputs the TOC as
troff source.

Jon is being modest here, BTW -- he's the one who set up the UTP
macros. If it's my TOC, I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.

Credit where credit is due. I'm basically a funnel for UTP; others have
done most of the pouring.
--
Larry Kollar   k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
There's a fine line between a Christmas wreath and a bunch of dead