Re: [Groff] Question about the "download" file in font/devps

From: James J. Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Groff] Question about the "download" file in font/devps
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:49:21 -0800 (PST)

--- "Robert D. Goulding" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Probably it *should* be, and this has been discussed
> before on this list.
> But as man grops says:
>
> The download file itself will also be searched for
> using this mechanism
> [i.e., the searching on the font path to find the
> fonts themselves];
> currently, only the *first* found file in the font
> path is used.

Ah, I see.

Maybe this ought to be on the docket of things to be
fixed.

> BTW, it's nice to see someone getting some use of
> the Greek files - which
> badly need some improvements (not least to take
> account of the new, much
> improved release of the Kerkis fonts); this
> encourages me to find some
> more time for them!  I've also converted a more
> Times-y Greek font for
> groff, which I'll add soon.  Let me know if you have
> any problems.

Actually, I was more using the Kerkis font tarball
stuff as a means of figuring out how to install my own
fonts.

(That said, I was curious about the Greek stuff
because I used to write papers at Christian college
that did word studies on Greek words, though at the
time I used babel and LaTeX.)