[Groff] Re: groff and solaris

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff and solaris
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:33:28 +0200 (CEST)

[Sorry for answering so late.]

> Some of the groff manual pages are broken.  It is not possible to
> view the groff.1 manual page with the standard an macros of solaris!

Yes.  This is quite a dilemma and I don't know how I shall handle
this.  groff provides a lot of nice features which aren't available
with old troff versions (e.g. colours), and the man pages which come
with groff use them.

Since groff is intended as a replacement for troff, it can do the
opposite, namely processing and displaying documents written for old
troff versions (using switch -C to enter compatibility mode).

So the question is: Why shall someone read the groff man pages
without groff?