[Groff] tbl query

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: [Groff] tbl query
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:18:30 -0400 (EDT)

I'm making a table with a lot of long text entries in it.  tbl justifies
such entries at both margins.  But this looks terrible in a fairly narrow
column - large gaps open up between words.  What I've been doing is
entering the text as

T{
.na
sd hfkjh sdkfh s
T}

but this is a bore, given that I have nearly a hundred such entries.  Is there
any way to make tbl *stop* justifying T{...T} blocks?

If not, it seems to me that this would be a good candidate for a GNU
enhancement to tbl (and easily implementable): a global option `noadjust'
which simply adds a .na at the beginning of each text block.

Robert.

--
Robert Goulding
Society of Fellows