Re: [Groff] Copying blocks of troff input to a file

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Copying blocks of troff input to a file
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:43:21 -0500

Ted Harding wrote:

Greetings all, and a happy festive season and new year to all!

And to you and yours!

A question. I'm trying to devise a pair of macros (say .TO and .TQ)
such that

one or more lines of troff input
.TQ

would

a) append these input lines verbatim to another file
b) leave them stilll available as troff input

I'm talking 'way over my head here, but could you do the same thing
with a diversion and copy-in mode, then use .em to write it out at the
end? Would that leave the markup embedded in the diversion?

Presumably, there's something lacking with the canonical method of
dumping such information to stderr using .tm and post-processing it....

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."