Re: [Groff] Odd ms Macro Page Offset Register Behavior

From: Andrew J. Piziali
Subject: Re: [Groff] Odd ms Macro Page Offset Register Behavior
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:41:20 -0600 (CST)

Ralph, you wrote:

    >     .ie \n[FormatterPass]=1 \{
    >     .  open SecondPassFile /tmp/defs
    >     .\}
    >     .el .if \n[FormatterPass]=2 \{
    >     .  so /tmp/defs
    >     .  sy rm -f /tmp/defs
    >     .\}

    > If -rFormatterPass=2 is omitted from the groff command line or the
    > .ie/.el command sequence is removed, commented out or replaced by
    > ".if 0", the page footers format properly.

    Could it be the contents of /tmp/defs affecting this?  What if only `.so
    /tmp/defs' is commented out?

The contents of /tmp/defs does not influence the behavior because I have
removed the .so and everything else, leaving ".if 1 ...", and it still
fails as documented.

--

                                                       / \
                                                      *---*
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/address@hidden&op=index

"A recent report from the Competitive Enterprise Institute, `The Ten
Thousand Commandments,' tallies the price tag for implementing and
sustaining federal regulations.  The grand total is $688 billion per
year." -- Intellectual Ammunition, Nov/Dec 1998