Re: [Groff] Re: Displaying man pages on Win32

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Displaying man pages on Win32
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:04:12 +0100

Vince Rice wrote:
> I was Googling looking for a native Win32 port of man and came across
this
> message.  Is the "quick and dirty port" you put together available
anywhere?  I
> already have Cygwin, but I'm looking for a true native man (I have the
other
> native win32 GNU ports, and would like to have a native man reader to go
with
> them).

I was invited to make it available for download from mingw.org, but
I haven't yet had time to package it in a form which is suitable for
distribution -- I need to retrofit my patches back into the man source,
and hack the configure script, so it will build cleanly, on systems
with configurations which may differ from my own.

When I can find enough time to complete this, I will forward it to
Earnie Boyd, for distribution on mingw.org.  Unfortunately, I can't
give you a prediction of when this might happen, as it is way down
my current priority list.

Best regards,
Keith.