Re: [Groff] Re: getopt() as gtroff macro ?

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: getopt() as gtroff macro ?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:59:05 +0100

Another snip from my early morning ramblings:
> I do believe that the user should be required to provide two call back
> macros -- one to handle the case of parsing an undefined option, since
> IMHO the user *needs* to be able to choose the appropriate action, and
> the second to process the arguments which remain, after the options
> have been stripped.  I think this second used supplied macro ...

Another case of the insomnia factor -- just in case it isn't obvious, I
meant
... user supplied macro ... *not* ... used supplied macro ...

Also, in this context, I say "user" in the sense of the macro author who
is
making use of the .getopt request, rather than the ultimate end user of
the
macro.

Best regards,
Keith.