Re: [Groff] status of pdfmark macros

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] status of pdfmark macros
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:07:36 +0100 (CET)

> It's taken a while, but I have now produced a suitable script

Great!

> I've attached the update as a tarball containing the two new files,
> `pdfroff.sh' and `pdfroff.man', together with a patch against the
> CVS versions on which my additional modifications are based

Only the attachment with the two new files have been sent to the
mailing list; the patch file is missing.  Please resend.

Some comments:

>         * aclocal.m4: (GROFF_APPRESDIR_OPTION): use AC_HELP_STRING
>         instead of AS_HELP_STRING.
> [...]
>         * configure.ac: Add AC_PREREQ(2.56),

autoconf 2.56 is too old; you need 2.59 to have the `abs_xxx_dir'
variables work correctly.  As a consequence, I don't have to use
AC_HELP_STRING which is now marked as obsolete.  I will do those fixes
by myself.

> (For your possible convenience, I've included the above as ChangeLog
> patches, in the overall patch file).

Please don't do that in future postings.  What you've done in your
mail is the right solution and fully sufficient: ChangeLog entries
should always be sent separately so that the patch applies cleanly
even if there have been other changes meanwhile (which normally
produce new entries in the ChangeLog file).