[Groff] funding for groff hacking?

From: Larry McVoy
Subject: [Groff] funding for groff hacking?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:48:55 -0800

We could probably afford to pay for some groff enhancements.  If there are
people out there who would like to do indepth work on groff & friends,
let me know and we (the mailing list) can discuss what is the best place
to apply the money.

One thing I would like to see is the original AT&T docs brought into
alignment with the current groff.  I think it is an embarrassment that
the groff docs aren't in roff, that's like using CVS to store the sources
to Subversion, it doesn't say much for our faith in groff.

Once we have the docs back the next thing is to integrate into the original
docs all of the old and new groff extensions.  I think groff is much
under appreciated.

Another thing I'd like to see is widows/orphans processing, it is so annoying
to have to do that by hand.

Any interest out there?
--
---