Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 03:51:17 +0100

On Thursday 05 May 2005 7:40 pm, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
> BTW, I don't think Cygwin should be a measure of Unix compatibility.

Possibly not; but, like it or not, Microsoft Windows has the largest user
base of any OS on the planet.  For those of us who are forced, out of
corporate necessity rather than personal choice, to use it, Cygwin is
probably the most widely used UNIX emulator, allowing us to use our preferred
UNIXy tools on an alien platform.  You may not consider it a measure of UNIX
compatibility, but you certainly can't ignore it as a measure of portability.

Regards,
Keith.