[Groff] groff as precompiled binaries (was: groff for Mac OSX)

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: [Groff] groff as precompiled binaries (was: groff for Mac OSX)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:28:22 +0100

>>> ... it *would* be good if there were a precompiled binary around
>>
>>> I've built a .pkg of the 1.19.1 release. All dressed up & needs a
>>> website. ;-)
>>
>> Could this go on the groff server?
>
> No problem.  Please give me a (temporary) URL so that I can copy it.

What about precompiled binaries for Win32 as well?  Earnie Boyd has
indicated that he would like to make them available, built using his
MinGW port of GCC, from the SourceForge/MinGW download sites, if I
can build them for him.

I've already created, but not yet distributed, preview builds, based on
1.19.2 from CVS -- this is going to need the Win32 relocability code,
which is not present in 1.19.1, to be successful.  Should I distribute
such previews, say:--

        groff-1.19.2-pre-20050613-src.tar.gz
        groff-1.19.2-pre-20050613-bin.tar.gz
        groff-1.19.2-pre-20050613-doc.tar.gz

or should I rather hold off for the formal release of 1.19.2?  Is there
any objection to making such packages available from the SourceForge
mirrors?  Should copies also be hosted on the groff server?

Best regards,
Keith.