Re: [Groff] Prevent hyphenation of individual words?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Prevent hyphenation of individual words?
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:49:02 +0200 (CEST)

> Here's a minimal example that illustrates the problem: [...]

I've tried both groff 1.17.2 and the current CVS, and your man page
example works just fine (I don't have 1.18.1 installed on my system).

> If I run that through man(1), I still get breaks within the words
> that fall at the end of lines, even though they are preceded with \%
> (in various words, depending how I have my MANWIDTH set).

I suggest that you download an original version of the groff package
(from gnu.org), not the Debian version which is heavily patched --
maybe the Japanese extension (which I don't support) is buggy, causing
the problems you experience.