[Groff] Strange page header problem

From: Lei Ming
Subject: [Groff] Strange page header problem
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:37:45 +0800

Hi,

I encountered a strange problem with page header.
Following is a small test case. Please process it
with groff and see the PostScript output.

.\"______________________________________________
.de H
.tl 'X'Y'Z'
\l'\n(.lu\(rn'
..
.wh 0 H
.br
.sp 10.5i
XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX Why?
XXX XXX XXX
.\"-----------------------------------------------

I want to put a horizontal line below the .tl part
in the page header. Since the line is part of the
page header, I thought that all the text will come
below it. However, you can see the string "Why?"
appears in the page header, above the line.

It should be a feature, not a bug. So what's the
right way to get the page header with a line as I
described above?

Thank you in advance,
Lei Ming