Re: [Groff] character garble

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] character garble
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:10:18 -0400

I overwrote the existing groff 1.15 that was installed to the
system, so I am fairly certain.  However, is there something I
can do to test it to make sure?

Now, why on earth would you do this????
This could very well be the source of all your problems.
Why are you messing up with the carefully tuned system files.

Isn't that a little harsh? I overwrite the default groff installed
in MacOS X all the time. I simply built a .pkg file and re-install
it when Apple's system updates make it necessary.

The important thing is to make sure your build works properly
before installing it over the default version.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"