Re: [Groff] Introduction

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:37:57 -0500

On 10/18/05, Robert Goulding <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2005, at 1:54 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >
> > And there seems to be a good groff mode for vim.  Unfortunately, the
> > groff mode for emacs is rather bad AFAIK...

As I am the present foster father of that vim mode, I can atest to its
goodnes (I always thinkof Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey: banana
ice-cream with tropical nut crunch.). I'm open to suggestions and
patches to improve it.

> Yet roff (1) reads "The  best program for editing a roff document is
> Emacs (or Xemacs)"...!

I still wonder why.... Even plain Sys7 vi has better support (as seen
in http://ex-vi-sf.net/ ;-)

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
troff spoken here