[Groff] Groff wiki?

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: [Groff] Groff wiki?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:16:22 -0500

With all the discussion recently on the need for groff documents teaching fundamentals and techniques - and with all the terrific stuff that is frequently posted to this list (most recently, Ted's solution for pie-graphs), it seems to me that a wiki for groff would be very useful. We could:

- put all the man pages and info docs up on line in HTML form for browsing

- post guides for all the macro packages

- archive all the tricks, techniques and solutions to unusual problems that have been posted here

and, of course, since it is a wiki, allow anyone in the community to post interesting code or techniques that they use, for permanent reference and reuse. I'm sure there are many people out there how are doing remarkable things with groff - it would be great if they could be shared more widely.

I don't know much about setting up or hosting a wiki, but would certainly want to contribute, as I think many others on the list might as well. I have a unwieldy directory of code-snippets I've culled from the mailing list from the last couple of years - it would be good at least to put them in some sort of order!

Robert.